- The Scot Haller Prize recognizes the most outstanding stories published by the Yale Daily News every year. My story about Yale’s leave and withdrawal policy received 2nd place in 2022.
- AAJA Voices selects a cohort of young Asian journalists each year for an intensive summer training program. I was selected for the audio cohort, and I presented my project at AAJA 2022. The story was about accentism/discrimination faced by non-Western teachers of English in Asia.
- The Yalie (2022) – I was invited to speak on my award-winning investigation about Yale’s leave and withdrawal policy and the investigations desk I helped edit my junior year at Yale.
- Baggage Check (2022) – licensed clinical psychologist, best-selling author and popular psychology professor Dr. Andrea Bonior’s show Baggage Check unpacks mental health, relationships, stress and work. We chatted about my New York Times article about aphantasia, what I’ve learned since writing it, and what we as a society can be doing better for neurodivergent folks.
If you’d like to interview me about my work, please get in touch! You can shoot me a message through this contact form or write to contact [at] dearyall [dot] net
- Merriam-Webster dictionary has a sentence from my NYT article as a sample sentence!